Okay, so I haven’t been blogging recently and thought to do up a couple of posts since I had time today.I got a nice surprise from madeupmetalhead for nominating eatmycrayons the Liebster Award! How nice, read about it here.
I did a little search on this award, basically its a blogger-to-blogger award/chain letter to newbies with less than 200 followers. (the follower number varies) Spreading the lovin’, I say. Nobody really knows where this award started but I found a comprehensive enough post here.
The basic rules are:
- You have to link back to the person that nominated you.
- You must answer all 11 questions given to you by the person who nominated you.
- After completing these questions, you must nominate 11 bloggers with under 200 followers and give them 11 questions of your choice.
- You must not nominate the person who nominated you.
- You must let your nominees know that they have been nominated and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it.
I was asked 5 questions by madeupmetalhead:
How do you feel about contouring?
I don’t usually contour, and I don’t really think its a must to do unless there’s a part of your face that’s really bothering you. When I do contour, I use E.L.F’s Bronzer Palette.
What is your #1 Holy Grail, absolutely-cannot-go-without product? (can be haircare, skincare, cosmetic, bath/body etc)
I cannot do without my Clinique Intense Moisture Surge cream. The weather here is too hot, and I spend lots of time in airconditioning, so my skin becomes parched. I use this at night to maintain the hydration of my face.
What type of finish do you prefer your base makeup to have–matte, satin, or dewy?
I like it matte, but easier said than done. I have semi-oily complexion so usually my mid-day my makeup would have run.
Have you ever tried indie beauty products? If so, do you have any favorites?
No I haven’t, but would like to give them a shot!
Do you have an ‘everyday’ look? If so, describe away!
My everyday look comprises of a neutral eye, coral lip. I use these products:
– Laura Mercier Hydrating face primer
– Duwop Foundation of Youth
– Sleek Makeup Correct & Conceal in Light
– Sephora loose powder
– Sleek Makeup eye palette in Oh So Special
– Zoeva pencil liner in Mr Marvellous- e.l.f facial whip in lilac petal
– smashbox photofinish lipstick in Beautiful
Here’s my 5 nominees:
The 11 questions I’m asking them are:
- What’s the one must-have product when you’re on the go?
- Share one of your favourite looks
- You’re going on a vacation, but can only bring 5 makeup products. What are they, and why?
- Worst beauty product ever used
- Team Lipstick or Team Lipbalm?
- Your favourite skincare product
- Have you tried mint facial products? Share your experience!
- In your opinion, is liquid or powder foundation better?
- Do you use falsies? If yes, which brand is the best?
- Have you tried Korean makeup? If yes how was your experience?
- To the question above, which Korean product do you think is the most kick-ass?
Have fun sharing your experiences, and pass this on to other mention-worthy blogs you come across!