I was packing my stuff and came across a stash of samples which I squirreled away a while back, and this thought came to my head.
Why not do reviews on samples? In this way, I get to try them before buying them (if I want to), and at the same time share my thoughts with others who are interested in getting them too!
I know, I’m awesome. Hahahaha 😛
So, this was how Sample Stories came to be. There’s no fixed schedule, I’ll just review whichever comes to mind or serves the purpose I need at hand. To start off this series, I’ll be sharing on Laneige’s Multiberry Yoghurt Repair Pack.
Product image courtesy of Laneige’s website. I do not own this product yet.
Price: I’m not too sure, sorry guys. But as a benchmark, the Water Sleeping pack is SGD$45 for the same volume.
1. Use after washing the face and using the skin refiner.
2. Take an appropriate amount (2.5cm in diameter is recommended), and evenly spread on the face avoiding the eye area.
3. Rinse off thoroughly with lukewarm water about 5-10 minutes later.
* Use 1-2 times a week.
* For best results, use Laneige Multiberry Yogurt Peeling Gel in advance.
Caution: Do not eat. (haha, they really mean it. The yoghurt pack smells divine, like Meiji strawberry yoghurt/ strawberry milk chocolate.
Packaging: Comes in a plastic tub with a screw on cover. New products will have a sealed lid upon removal of the screw on cover. Feels heavy and luxe to the touch (I have the Water Sleeping Pack tub, so it’s essentially the same packaging) There’s no spatula, so if you’re big on hygiene, get a jello spoon but DON’T EAT IT.
* High-concentration multiberry extract yogurt pack that nourishes skin from deep inside and leaves skin supple
* Hydrates, nourishes and regenerates skin for supple and firm skin.
– Sogurty™, a specialized fermented yogurt, promotes collagen synthesis, and enhances defense ability of skin from harmful external causes to leave skin healthier and firmer. Its anti-inflammatory effects also soothes skin from skin troubles.
– Multi berry complex (various berry extracts from raspberries, blueberries, wolfberries, cranberries, and strawberries) delivers abundant nutrition and antioxidants to eliminate harmful free radicals.
* Exfoliation for smoother skin texture.
– NAG (N-acetyl-D-Glucosamine), one of the NMF(Natural Moisturizing Factor), and Niacinamide (a component of Vitamin B3) softens and clears micro size dead skin cells left after exfoliating for even denser and smoother skin texture.
* Richer plain yogurt texture
– Fresh creamy texture of yogurt nourishes skin with soft touch.
So, here is how the yoghurt pack looks like. Its white, a little on the runny side, and very very fragrant. The scent goes BAM, in your face. I love it.
I use this after washing my face and applying my toner. That little dollop (pinky nail size) you see is enough for me to spread and massage into my face. The smell of this is superbly uplifting and gives me the munchies. During application it felt slightly greasy, but bearable.
Tip: One sachet is enough to last me about 4 – 5 applications, when used sparingly. You only need to use this 1 ~ 2 times a week.
After massaging the yoghurt pack and lounging around for about 5 to 10 minutes, I wash it off and apply the rest of my night routine stuff.
Observations include: my skin did feel more supple and bouncy. It was as though the antioxidant goodness in the repair pack did it’s mojo. I’m quite impressed. Not to mention, the smell was really really really good. I cannot stress enough. I will continue to use my sachets and see if I end up buying this. (I’m already one foot into Camp Laneige)
My rating: 4/5 (I like this a lot, but not knowing the retail price makes me give it a 4 for now)
Another Heidi tip: When at Laneige counters, do not be afraid to ask for a few samples. Really, it’s not about being cheapo, but more of knowing what suits you and what doesn’t. Of course, the next time I go back armed with a shopping list, and I don’t feel as bad asking for other product samples. I have heard that in the Korean boutiques they literally stuff you with samples. How awesome is that?
In Singapore, they usually give two packets per product, depending on what you request for.
So, are you tempted to try this? I reckon this would be good for people who are looking to firm and hydrate their skin at the same time.